Monday, November 07, 2005

Wedding Dress

So in my last post I mentioned wedding dress shopping. She tried on a few different ones but we all thought, this was it!

So, for those of you following along - I am looking for a pattern, it was going to be a shawl, but we have re-thought that to a stole. I don't want to block the beautiful embroidery in the back. I would like to find something lacey, maybe with a flower pattern in it. Will be making one for her and her bridesmaids as there dresses will also have flowers to complement her dress. Imagine black dresses with white flowers at the top of the bodice and on the back just where the knee bends to the bottom of the dress with the same flowers.

If anyone has ideas, please let me know. I plan on going to my LYS and looking in the library, but as my great grandmother would always say, "Many hands make light work" And who doesn't like helping with a wedding!

2 comments:

me myself and i said...

There is a beautiful white shawl in Vogue Accessories. Also what about I DO from Knitty?? I think thats what it is called.

. said...

Love that dress!