Thursday, September 08, 2005

Flat Tires Suck!

What a day! Or should I say afternoon - I leave work this afternoon, looking forward to going to SnB night and I noticed my truck looks like it is leaning. I think it was just the way I parked - I got in and yep, sure does look like it is leaning. Got out, went around front - almost flat tire. No! Well, I will just drive up the street to the gas station, just looks like it needs air. I get there in a couple of minutes, there is someone else using the air. I wait and wait. Finally he brings the hose back only to say, "I think there is something wrong with it, didn't work for me" I decide to give it try anyway. Made my tire even flatter, if that is possible! Now what? Called my daughter, she was on her way home. Her fiance' should be home soon - let her know if I need help. I am sitting there trying to figure out what I am going to do. Guy working at the gas station is throwing away trash, yells to me...."Hey, your tire is flat!" Yeah buddy DUH do you think?! Yes, I know it is flat, and your air thing does not work. "Are you sure?" he asks like 10 times. He plays with it and he gets air to come out. But put it to the tire and it does not work. You can tell something is wrong with it - hint, lots of black tape all around the top of it. So I bend it in almost in half and ta dah - AIR! Once the tire is filled, I see it. Big old ugly nail. So much for driving it home - tire could blow. So, I call the dealership - I am less than 5 minutes away...Service center is open until 8, it is only 5. If I drive it up there can someone please put on the spare? Well I get, "We can change it tomorrow" what the ____! I hung up. Call my daughter back - Help! They came over in about 10 minutes, 15 minutes later - on my way home. I so miss the days when gas stations really were there for the customer. *sigh*

Well, I leave you tonight with a picture that makes me smile. My grandcat - Nala


She is helping herself to a pretzel.

No comments: