Sunday, September 04, 2005

Shopping!

Post is a bit late, but I've been shopping...

I purchased a couple of hanks of Casscade 220 in Quatro Fiji- pretty
and this too!


The Great Adirondack Yarn Co. in Montana Blueberry -100% wool - just yummy!

These were both purchased at my LYS Woolwinders in Rockville, MD.

Well more news , I completed my shawl - Yay! I love purple ( my favorite color) but, I really not sure I would like to work with any more purple yarn for a few weeks. While this is a shock - I have plenty of other projects that do not include purple. Don't worry my pretty - I will be back to you soon.

Here is a pick of the shawl just about done - I will have a completed picture soon. This is just have to do you for now. Reason? Well, I have been taking the pictures faithfully but I have not been updating my blog faithfully!

It is a simple K3P3 pattern. I am almost looking forward to the cooler weather just so I can wear it. I love the heat, but this is so soft a yummy, I want to wrap myself up in it!

On the non-knitting front. Hubby and I went to Philly the weekend of Aug 27th. Niether one of us had ever been there. We just wanted to see the Bell and have a real Philly steak - well we sort of got to see the Bell. It is in a building, but very well guarded. We could see it from afar, the crack was not facing out the window, but oh well - what can you do?

We wandered around a bit and I asked a ticket writer where Pat's Steaks was. He kind of chuckled and told us the easiest way to get there from where we were was to get a cab. We like to walk. Oh did we walk! But we made it! All I can say is - it was worth it!

Here it is!

And here are the steaks!

I had the cheese whiz, hubby had provolone - both were "wit".

For those that don't understand - (with onions!)

Well, I will post a picture of the finished shawl and my next project tomorrow.

Take care

No comments: